July 24, 2005
First, I am deeply indebted to the skills and collaboration of Samuel C. and Inez Wagner, children of Charles and Mary Jane's daughter, Mary Agnes. Sam's interest in the infant hobby of photography and Inez's interest in art resulted in the recording of the lives of their extended family and friends. Sam photographed people at work, home, school and play and processed glass plate negatives himself. Over a thousand of his photographs have survived for over a hundred years in carefully-crafted photo albums which were skillfully labeled by his sister, Inez.
Second, I am indebted to several distant cousins and close friends who have generously provided me with photographs, genealogies and historical material on the times and lives of the people represented in this booklet. I appreciate the editorial review of several people who have tried to keep this presentation accurate and focused.
This scrapbook is not a scholarly work, but an overview of people who were very important in the lives of their descendants. For more information on the Bliley family and the descendants of Charles and Mary Jane Mead Bliley, please look at my family history site on the Internet.
Thanks for support goes to:
- Samuel C. Wagner (Deceased)Photography
- Inez Wagner (Deceased) Album construction & captioning
- Wally VenableScanning Sam & Inez's original photos and albums
- Carl WolfHistorical research and photography
- Jean & Carl Everberg and Beth SimmonsEditorial and historical review
- Richard C. BlileyPhotograph album & original documents
- David R. WagnerSharing Sam & Inez's albums with the World in 2005
The booklet and this Web scrapbook is the work of more than one person from more than one generation. It is a multigenerational collaboration. What a thrill for me; I hope my ancestors feel the same.
I welcome any comments on the Web pages and booklet. Please e-mail me at the address below.
Charles A. Bliley
|| RETURN TO HOME ||